Thursday, July 24, 2008

For Mike and Kyle

It would seem practice had nearly come to a screeching halt. I no longer see the jumps and spins. I will wall spin or monkey over a bar but it's not the same. There is no longer that rush. That mindset. That beauty. The things I could do. The things I couldn't. Not to far out of reach, but now light years away. If only I could go back and again defy gravity and disobey my mind. To break free of these chains that hold me to this ground. Parkour is no longer the underground sport it used to be. It has grown. It has grown too much. New faces are trying it everyday. What has happened to this thing we once loved. It has been crushed. Left to burn. Angry as I am, I will not stop. I must press on. The sport may grow and grow, but I will always be one step ahead, one leap ahead, and one roll ahead of the competition. Thanks again for taking me downtown that one day. If it wasn't for you, Parkour would be dead in my heart. -Austin

2 comments:

traceur4ever said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
traceur4ever said...

so i posted but then looked it over and realized i'd screwed up the wording...:p

ahh that post brought me much joy...
i definitely know what you mean as far as parkour becoming so big and that being kinda sad...
in one sense...isn't that what we want? don't we want it to grow enough that the world will accept parkour? and yet, i still have that natural aversion to all things that are "in". so it's also kind of sad...

but i'm with you. this summer has been way difficult to me. i've had to willingly kill my desire to parkour to maintain my sanity while on crutches! but hopefully i'll be "back off my feet and into the sky soon" as you so eloquently put it.

and you're post got me philosophizing again so i'll probably pump my thoughts out into a blogpost pretty soon;)

and your welcome. any time. we gotta get back together and hit up finley in the fall if i EVER HEAL!! if not i'll just run the camera and let you and mike make with the awesome.