Sunday, March 15, 2009

Previous Poetry

Well, I had this sitting on my night stand for over 3 months. Thought I'd put it on since Kyle did one, so I don't feel completely gay I wrote this.

Leap of Faith

My thoughts echo in my head
"You can do this" I said,
The fear strapped me to the floor
"Only other way down is that door"

I glanced over the edge
Not far from the other ledge
Taking a deep breath I began to pace
I knelt down and tightened my lace

"3...2...1"
And I went off like a gun
My feet barely touched the ground
Then there was no sound

My breath was held tight
I had won the mental fight
rolling out from the sky
I burst out with a sigh

Looking back at where I'd once been
I could see the men
Their smiling faces
had gotten me to these places

Once so far away
were now here to stay
here and now
we traceurs take our bow.

No comments: