Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mental Block


It's been awhile since I have updated those of you who still read this. Although I don't write this blog for anyone but myself in order to track progress and see what I have done 5 years from now and when I did it. Anyways I have been practicing moves and getting better at parkour. I have gotten smoother and quicker at all my moves which I was going for originally. One problem is it's wrestling season so I can't get to much done. I worked on my handstands today and I'm getting slightly better. Not much. There has been one move though that I lost and haven't been able to get back and that's the wall flip. I had it, on slanted surfaces, then I landed on my head one day and I slowly got it back. Then I landed on my head again. Now it is a never ending cycle. I lose it then get it back. I just can't get my confidence up enough to get it solidly. I noticed that it is easy to get a move but very hard to get it back once you lose it. I think when you first get it you don't realize the danger, then you get hurt trying it and then you are scared. Once the fear leaves you haven't done it in awhile and all you can do is picture yourself crashing. Well that's my problem at least. Then it is just a matter of doing it because you get in the habit of quitting before you try it. I plan to get over that fear tonight. It'll be tough but my plan is to no longer see it as a fear but more of a move I just can't do yet. If I can't do it, then I force myself to relearn it completely. I will start from step one and build up again. Can't wait to test my theory. I'm sorta pumped. Good training to all of you. (I might make a Christmas special video)

No comments: