Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mindset

Currently my mind is clear. I see it clearly now. Every move, every drop, every jump, everything. I watch my last video repeatedly and see what I need to improve on. I go out and do it. Whenever I'm about to give up on a move, I stop back up and execute it. The move becomes natural and I never think about it. No more pacing before trying. It only leads to failure. Crash and Burn. It's amazing how much better I am when I study and get the mindset back. No more "I can't do this! That's impossible!" I attempt and succeed, and if I do not succeed then I do it again. Maybe I'm not strong enough to do a move, well then I find a strategic way to do it. If I can't figure out how to do it like everyone else, I invent my own way. Parkour is not about everyone else, it's about yourself. You create your own style. If I follow what everyone else does then I look like everyone else. I want to stand out from the crowd and make my own parkour style. I know I can do it, anyone can. You find moves you can do and build on those moves. Do a little of everything but get good at one certain type of moves whether spins, flips, jumps, vaults, whatever. Get good at it and be yourself. Let the traceur within free.

No comments: