Saturday, August 30, 2008

What it feels like to be free.


Well on Friday practice was fun because we got two of my friends to come and practice with us. Well they invited us to be honest. We were up and out in a minute. After sitting in my classrooms for a week I needed a break. A chance to run again. A chance to feel the flow. So we taught them a lot then went back home. Will spent the night and that morning we went out. Practice seemed like it would stink. We started off not talking. Will went unto a little bridge in the woods and streched while I got on the playground and stretched. My mind was at peace. The breeze was cool, and soothing. After stretching all the muscles we could have we set out slowly practicing hard moves we normally don't do.I would do something and take a minute break then try again. My moves came smoothly and easily. I would breathe in and out slowly and calm myself. There were no words needed. It was understood what we were doing. We were feeling what it was like to free your mind. Later we stopped because we felt accomplished. We found some sprinklers and cooled off. Most refreshing thing ever. We walked back with our shirts and shoes off enjoying nature's beauty. It was glorious. It was so relaxing and opened my eyes to this world we have. The world of freedom. The freedom of nature. I wish everyday was like this so I could always escape the problems and stresses of this world. Today I will settle for that practice.