Sunday, March 23, 2008

Focus and Practice


I've actually used Parkour a lot now to kind of clear my mind. I can go out and do stuff and just forget my problems and focus on God and not as much worldly stuff. It helps a lot. I think I'm going to start practicing by myself a little bit. When I'm with a teammate I can't just concentrate on my moves because I have to teach stuff. I'm getting better but slowly and I could get much better doing it by myself. When I'm by myself I see things a little better, like how to hit a move or what I should do better. When I was in the woods yesturday I really concentrated all my mind and strength on one move. It was something I normally wouldn't do. I took a deep breathe calmed myself down and jumped from one tree and landed on another holding onto it. It was a long jump and I felt confident by myself because when I'm around people and they mess up it's like in my mind I'm like it's okay to mess up and I don't get better that way. So I think I'm going to take a team break and practice by myself. What is cool though is I got one of the new members to get a good palm spin down. I was proud but I will help them later now I have to practice. I'm going to Florida for the week I hope there are some spots there because I don't want to take a break. I don't want to get hurt either. Hopefully I'll be a lot better by the end of the month or even two weeks from now.

No comments: